- Are all the products available in the store organic?
While all of our producers grow naturally and in harmony with nature, most of them are not certified organic as this is an overly expensive process for most small scale producers.
- Where are your products sourced?
See our producers page for a full list, but most of them can be found along the Garden Route and the Karoo.
- How can I get my own shop?
Email us at [email protected] with a short description of the products you sell (specifically looking for homemade / local / naturally grown and ethical items) and we will add get back to you with more information about creating your own free shop.
- Are all of our products local?
We give preference to local producers, but would also like to offer as many products of different categories as possible to improve convenience to you, the customer. For example, if we do not have any naturally grown wheat locally we would need to look further afield for producers. We would also give preference to a local seller who already sells these products so that at least a local person was making a little profit on the item.
- Is there a central shop that we could visit or that sends all of the products?
We are at this stage providing a platform for small businesses to sell from. There is no central shop or visit and we do not handle shipping ourselves. It is up to the seller to provide the shipping options that are most convenient to their own buyers.
- What payment options do you have a available?
We are using regular payment gateways with lowest % fees we can find currently but plan on implementing other methods such as crypto and even hopefully talents (https://www.community-exchange.org) soon.
- What makes this site different from all the others?
- We try to make having an online shop as affordable to easy as possible.
- Whilst trying to offer the lowest fees we possibly can, and only on successful sale, so that vendors don’t pay per advert or have a monthly fee.
- We not only provide an online shop but also have other other sections of our “hive”, namely, our community forum and secure group and one on one chat. Creating a place to network, plan and work together towards insuring food security and on other important issues.